In the entire golf club set, you will find some of the clubs having iron heads. The iron clubs are used to hit the ball with more accuracy since the loft angle of all the iron clubs is more than others. If you remember correctly, one particular iron club has a particular design with a particular function. And that club is known as the wedge. It has the highest loft angle, which allows a player to hit the ball accurately through a short distance. It is used to drive the ball out in the green and from tricky situations. This is why many golf accessory companies have separate wedge clubs, which help them take the best shot. Today, we will study the best wedges for women that you can buy from the market.
|Name||Bunker shots||Flop shots||Extra sole||Bounce|
|C3i Wedge – Premium Sand Wedge||Yes||No||Yes||Low|
|xE1 Sand Wedge & Lob Wedge||Yes||Yes||Yes||Low|
|Callaway Golf Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Women’s Wedge||Yes||No||Yes||Low|
|Square Strike Wedge||Yes||Yes||No||Low|
|LAZRUS Premium Sand Wedge Anti Duff Thick Sole Loft Wedge Golf Club||Yes||Yes||Yes||Low|
|Majek Golf Women’s Sand Wedge (SW) 56° Right Handed Ladies Flex Steel Shaft||Yes||No||No||Low|
|Wilson Women’s Harmonized Golf Wedge||No||Yes||Yes||Low|
|Cleveland Golf Women’s CBX 2 Wedge||Yes||Yes||No||Low|
|Cleveland Golf Women’s RTX-3 Cavity Back Wedge||Yes||No||Yes||Low|
|FP4 Forward Press Wedge –Approach||Yes||No||No||Low|
10 Best Golf Wedges for women – Reviews
C3i Wedge – Premium Sand Wedge
The features of the wedge have entirely justified its name. C3i wedge is designed for both men and women, who have a soft spot for low but accurate strikes. The wedge’s color is a sight to behold- with black base color and red and white markings against the glossier surface.
- The sand wedge will help you strike the ball even in the sandy part of the field, without having to deal with digging the clubhead into the sand.
- The edge of the clubhead is beveled, with an extra curve that will allow you to hit the ball without touching it.
- The wedge will let you hit your target smoothly across the field without getting into a proper stance or putting too much force in your swing.
- It has a loft angle of three values: fifty-five degrees, fifty-nine degrees, and sixty-five degrees.
- The wedge is so designed in a way where you can take special shots with a perfect stopping spin.
- The shaft doesn’t have any red and blue marker and hence, it might be a bit difficult for you to make the forward press.
- Catching the fine thin bunker shots can prove to be a bit difficult using this wedge.
xE1 Sand Wedge & Lob Wedge
Driving the ball across the bunker and the greens in just a single shot or in a couple of shots is everyone’s dream. Unfortunately, not even the pro players can make it perfect in a single go. This is why having the xE1 wedge is like having the key to unleash the hidden master player inside you. This golf company has proudly vouched for the fact that their sand and lob wedge will help amateurs to set a record of lower scores in just a few weeks.
- The sand wedge has an extra gliding sole, which will help you strike the ball out of the bunker in one shot, without digging the clubhead into the sand.
- Taking the flop shot across the field is much easier with this xE1 wedge. The shots will land smoothly on the ground without having you put much effort into the shots.
- With the soft, smooth gliding sole on the sand wedge, there will be no question of taking chip shots.
- You don’t need to perfect your stance before taking the shots since this sand and lob wedge will perfectly do the job.
- You will certainly be able to take higher flop shots, but the trajectory’s covered distance won’t be impressive.
Callaway Golf Mack Daddy 5 JAWS Women’s Wedge
Callaway is one of the premium golf companies that prepares high-class, engineered golf products like bags, club sets, and so on. Since the company has earned a reputation for itself, you can wonder what magic its wedge will do on the field.
- The wedge has two primary grinds- the W grind and the Callaway’s special C grind. Along with these, there are three other grind options- S grind with a ten-degree bounce, X grind with a twelve-degree bounce, and a low cut w-grind.
- The shaft is made from graphite, making it easier for women to take smooth swings with an iron club head.
- The wedge design comes in twenty-three different combinations of loft and bounces.
- The clubhead’s sharp radius will give you more leverage on your spin and will impart accuracy for smooth bunker shots.
- The Callaway wedge can be used only for bunker shots but not for flop shots with high altitude.
- The clubhead doesn’t have a sole, which could prevent the wedge from getting stuck in the sand.
Square Strike Wedge- Pitching And Chipping Wedge for Men & Women
Square strike wedge has come to the limelight with its amazingly built wedge, which is perfect for both amateurs and professional golf players. Players who have used the wedge have expressed their gratitude to the company for giving them a chance to perfect their shots and stance without much effort.
- The clubhead’s loft is available in three different angle options- forty-five degrees, fifty-five degrees, and sixty degrees.
- The pitching wedge has a wide sole lining the clubhead, which will prevent the club from digging into the sand and chipping the shot.
- The shaft has an anti-rotational design, making it easier for you to take the spins smoothly without putting effort into your stance.
- The shaft has a shorter length, which will make it easier for you to control the spins and the shot on the field across the sandpits.
- The best part of this wedge is that you will be able to use it for golf tournaments, be it between clubs or national levels.
- Since most golf courses have a certain number of rough patches of greens, you will find it challenging to drive the wedge across these spots.
- The wedge’s grip is made from a cheap material, which might be difficult to hold with bare hands.
LAZRUS Premium Sand Wedge Anti Duff Thick Sole Loft Wedge Golf Club
Lazarus came into the limelight after a long period since it’s conception. However, once the makers decided to form a wedge with impeccable quality and remarkable features, players were kind of compelled to try their wedges at least once. And trust us when we say this- not one of them has expressed disappointment and regret.
- The sand wedge from Lazarus has a specific design with a loft angle of fifty-eight degrees that will help you make a record of lower scores one after the other.
- The sole of the clubhead has a specific technology, having a patent of the company itself. This will help you to glide the wedge over the sand without chipping the ground.
- The wedge is quite versatile. The design is formed to exercise control, accuracy, and consistency in different parts of the field- sandpits, rough patches, the fairway, and the fringes.
- The main minus point about this club is the fickle durability of the shaft of the wedge.
- Making bunkers shots is easy. But, the same can’t be said for the flop shots.
Majek Golf Women’s Sand Wedge (SW) 56° Right Handed Ladies Flex Steel Shaft
Majek has made it easier for both beginners and pro golfers to take large hits in the field, without finding themselves in any embarrassing situation. This is why this company is preferred for clubs and wedges. The women’s sand wedge is specially designed for players of all ages and experiences to make a better shot than the previous one.
- The shaft is made from steel, which fits perfectly with the iron club head. Also, the high-grade steel material’s use has increased the durability of the shaft for a long time.
- The loft has a hit angle of fifty-six degrees, which is a considerable measure to bring in perfection in the bunker shots.
- The clubhead has a rubber sole underneath, which will prevent chipping of the shot while gliding the wedge over the sandpits.
- The wedge is designed only for right-handed players, and hence if you are left-handed, this is not your wedge.
- Taking flop shots is harder as compared to the bunker shots.
Wilson Women’s Harmonized Golf Wedge
The company was formed in 1914, and since then, it has been distributing world-class golf clubs and other pieces of equipment all across the world. Initially, though, the name was not popular amongst the golfers. But, as Wilson’s irons started to win championships, players started to notice the company, and now, it is one of the best equipment suppliers in the world.
- The blade has a classic shape that will help you to glide the club over the sand easily without digging the head into the pit.
- The lob angle has a measure of sixty degrees, which is the perfect measure for players who want to make the right bunker and the flop shots on the field.
- The iron head and the steel shaft are made from high-quality raw materials, which will help you take swift swings without bending your body much.
- The wedge has an S-grind structure that will allow you to take bounce flop shots with higher altitudes across the greens.
- You can hit the ball using this wedge in three most tricky parts of the fields- the rough patches, the sandpit, and the fairway path.
- Since the shaft is made from premium quality steel, the iron wedge is definitely on the heavier side, which might feel like an extra load for your hands.
- The wedge is best for hitting the ball to greater heights but not across a great distance in the fringe or the fairway.
Cleveland Golf Women’s CBX 2 Wedge
Cleveland has become a well-known and reputed golf company in recent years, thanks to their precise designs of the wedges for different levels of gamers. This Women’s CBX 2 wedge is one of their masterpieces, which has won many amateur and pro players’ hearts.
- Seven different options are there when it comes to the loft angle of the wedge: forty-eight degrees, fifty degrees, fifty-two degrees, fifty-four degrees, fifty-six degrees, fifty-eight degrees, and sixty degrees.
- The wedge has a hollow cavity, which will help you offer more accuracy in your spins without any wrong move.
- The sole of the wedge has three different grind options, which provide more versatility to the players for taking the spins.
- The wedge’s Rote face will help you take maximum swings for hitting the ball with the least effort.
- The price of the wedge is exceptionally high, and hence it might become a problem for some players who are running tight on budget.
- You won’t be able to hit the lower shots one after the other with this wedge, which is indeed a downside of the club.
Cleveland Golf Women’s RTX-3 Cavity Back Wedge
Since Cleveland has become a world-renowned golf company in recent years, one can easily tell that its wedges are going to be out of the world, with remarkable features. The RTX-3 cavity wedge is one of the perfect iron clubs for women, both amateurs and professional players.
- Nine grams of the weight is removed from the shaft and redistributed in the wedge clubhead. This has focused the center of gravity close to the point of impact on the surface.
- The edge is shaped and curved perfectly, which will help you make accurate shots with a gliding motion.
- The clubhead’s sole has a V-grind with a higher bounce angle that will help you to take consistent flop shots at a great height.
- The groove of the wedge is engineered with the latest technology that will allow you to exercise precision and control on your spins.
- It hasn’t earned a minus point except for the fact that it is a bit costlier.
FP4 Forward Press Wedge –Approach Wedge Golf Club for Men & Women
FP4 or Forward Press has become a leading golf company for hand-built wedges for both men and women. This particular iron club is said to be by far the best equipment from the golf company. Perhaps that’s why you should at least try it out to improve your bunker and flop shots.
- The loft angles are available in two measurements- fifty-five degrees and fifty-nine degrees. This variation in the loft angle will help you to choose the wedge as per your need.
- The shaft is made from alloy steel, which complements the weight of the iron club head. Thus, you will be able to control your spin more effectively.
- The clubhead’s hitting surface is wider than other wedges, which helps in distributing the impact force across the ball in equal amounts.
- It’s legal for tournaments, both on national and international levels.
- Taking the pitch shot is more comfortable with this wedge since it has a perfectly engineered design.
- The wedge is perfect for sandpits and pitch shots. But you won’t be able to take the spins on the fairway or the fringes.
Golf Wedges Buying guide
Since here, we have described the ten most popular wedges for women; you will find yourself stuck in a questionable situation where choosing a particular wedge will seem to be difficult and impossible. This is why you need the help of a buying guide which will at least tell you what you need to consider for buying the club. So, let’s start!
Shaft: The first thing which you need to consider is the material of the shaft. Three different materials are used, namely, graphite, alloy, and steel. Also, along with the material, you need to choose a proper length of the shaft since lower length will help you take accurate hits.
Type of the wedge: Next, you need to choose from the four types of wedges available in the market. These types are differentiated based on the loft angle measurements, namely pitching wedge, gap wedge, lob wedge, and sand wedge.
Degree of the loft angle: Whenever you will look for a particular wedge, you will find that the company is offering you different options for the loft angles. Now, the angle difference will help you to take various kinds of shots. For example, a lower loft angle will help you in bunker and chip shots. However, a higher degree of the loft angle will help you in making the perfect flop shots.
Bounce of the golf wedge: There are two types of bounces, which again depend on the golf course condition. A low bouncing wedge is perfect for fields having hard tufts because, with this club, you will be able to make shallow hits. If the field has more sandpits or softer fringe and fairway surfaces, you will need a high bouncing wedge to prevent the club from digging into the ground.
Finishes: Well, the wedge’s finishing look might be distinct if you are not willing to include the wedge into your club set. There are different sorts of finishes that are done on the wedge surface and hence, choose the wedge carefully.
Golf wedge components
Golf wedge is one of the most complicated clubs that you will find in the set. It’s quite hard to understand the entire built-up at the first go. This is why we will be discussing some of the wedge components that will help you in handling the club appropriately.
- Loft: If you draw an imaginary vertical line with its origin being right at the tip of the lower wedge head surface, you will find that the clubface has an angle to the line. This angle is known as the loft, and it is the highest in the wedge. Higher degrees of the loft angle increase the height of the flop shots while the lower angles help you make a perfect chip and bunker shots.
- Bounce: Bounce is that part of the clubhead which comes in contact with the ground at the time of hitting the ball of the nail. The higher the bounce of the wedge, the more the rebound force will help the wedge glide over the ground rather than dig into the sand. The bounce angle ranges from zero to fourteen degrees. It is classified into three main types: low bounces, medium bounces, and high bounces.
- Sole grind: Well, the sole is just the part of the wedge face that comes in contact with the ground when the club is in resting state. The sole grind is the shape of the sole, which affects both the bounce angle and the resting position of the wedge. The major grinds of the wedges that you will find in the market are F-grind, S-grind, D-grind, L-grind, M-grind, X-grind, and K-grind.
- Grooves: grooves are a series of line cuts superficially on the club head of the wedges. These lines help grab the golf ball and generate a friction force resulting in the spinning and jumping off the ball. The groove lines are etched on the wedge face using lasers in a way that is neither too shallow nor too deep.
Types of golf wedges
Now, there are four different types of wedges in an entire golf club set. Each of these wedges has its own set of features that allow you to play according to the situation of your scorecard and the ball on the field. Following are the four types of wedges that you will find in a club set:
- Sand wedge: These wedges are used to take the bunker shots where you transfer the ball from the sand pits onto the fairway or the greens. The loft angle varies between fifty-four and fifty-eight degrees, appropriate for taking shots on fairways, fringes, and bunkers.
- Lob wedge: The lob wedges have the highest degree of loft angles, usually ranging between sixty to sixty-five degrees. This type of wedge is used to deal with precise shots that have to be a hundred percent accurate.
- Gap wedge: The gap wedges have the loft angle varying between 46 to 54 degrees, which is the second-most lowest angle value. The name ‘gap’ means that it is meant to take the shots that can neither be taken by the pitching wedge nor by the sand wedge. The average range for the gap wedge is around ninety to a hundred and ten yards on the green.
- Pitching wedge: If you want to hit the greens, you need the pitching wedge. It has the lowest loft angle, which allows you to hit the ball over a great distance but with a low trajectory.
Understanding the wedge, it’s parts, and then using it on the field for different types of shots can be overwhelming for a beginner. This is why take your time, learn about your wedge, understand how it cooperates with your spins and swings, and then play with it on the field. Without your homework, you won’t be able to take the shots with these iron wedges. Also, remember that in a club set, you will only find the pitching wedge. So, if you want the other three types of wedges, you will need to buy them separately! But while buying, be very sure of the sole grind, bounce, and the loft angle. Rest assured, playing golf with a wedge will never get boring and mundane.